There is a major lack of self-control when it comes to me eating Fudgy Homemade Brownies.
But for good reason, I swear!
Brownies take so little time to prepare, use simple baking ingredients that I always I have on hand, and they turn out so perfectly fudgy and chewy every single time.
Fudgy Homemade Brownies
I used to make brownies from the boxed mix stuff, but ever since I tried making my own brownies years ago, I’ve been hooked.
Homemade brownies are so super easy to make and this recipe ensures a moist, chewy, fudgy, and unbelievably chocolaty brownie that everyone will love.
Printable recipe is available at the bottom of this post.
This recipe makes 9 large brownies or 16 small brownies.
You can easily double this recipe to fill a 13×9 inch pan.
I like to do this when I’m bringing homemade brownies to family functions or parties.
But I warn you, they will disappear rather quickly!
Some people like cakey brownies and some people like fudgy brownies.
And while I love the heck out of both, I tend to lean more towards chewy and fudgy brownies when it comes right down to it.
This is my all-time favorite recipe for brownies and I know it’ll soon be yours too.
Fudgy Homemade Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Or melt in a medium microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments, stirring after each, in the microwave. Remove from the heat, pour into a large mixing bowl, and allow to slightly cool for 10 minutes.
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat oven to 350° F degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a 9×9 inch square baking pan* with aluminum foil, leaving an overhand on all sides. Set aside.
- Whisk the granulated and brown sugars into the cooled chocolate/butter mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla. Gently fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-36 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out with only a few moist crumbs when the brownies are done. All ovens are different, so keep an eye on them after 30 minutes and use the toothpick test to see when yours are finished.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack. Once cooled, lift the foil out of the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into squares. For neat squares, I use a very sharp knife and wipe it clean with a paper towel after each cut.