Yummy Best Gingerbread Cupcake Recipe!
A delicious flavor that can be enjoyed any time of year and in our house, it is!
This delicious recipe incorporates an amazing fluffy gingerbread flavored cupcake topped with a smooth and creamy molasses buttercream icing.
It truly is the best gingerbread cupcake recipe you will find.
My daughter recently asked for her favorite cookie in the form of a cupcake, her favorite treat, and I knew I was going to have to get creative to deliver her a delicious treat.
This recipe didn’t fail for anyone in my home and I know it will soon become a favorite in yours as well!
Best Gingerbread Cupcake Recipe
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ginger
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
4-5 cups icing sugar
4 tablespoons molasses
2 teaspoons vanilla
1-2 tablespoons milk, if needed
How To Make The Best Gingerbread Cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 350* and line your cupcake pan with lingers, set aside.
Sift together the dry ingredients into a large bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl of stand mixer mix the remaining ingredients on medium speed until smooth. Don’t over mix.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 18-20 minutes.
Allow to cool for a few minutes before moving them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Mix together the butter, brown sugar, vanilla and molasses on medium speed.
Slowly add in the icing sugar until it’s creamy and smooth.
If it is too thick add some milk 1 teaspoon at a time.
Add the icing into a piping bag fitted with your chosen tip and pipe onto the cupcakes.
Decorate with chocolate gingerbread men to finish them off!
1\2 cup light brown chocolate melties
10 white chocolate melties
Use a felt to draw gingerbread men onto your waxed paper.
Flip it over so you’re piping on the side without the felt.
Melt your white chocolate melties on low heat and mix constantly until smooth.
Place into a piping bag and snip off a very small amount off of the tip.
Draw the faces onto the templates with the white chocolate.
Repeat the same method for your brown chocolate melties and trace your template with your brown chocolate to create perfect little gingerbread men.
Allow to cool for fifteen minutes or until hard.
Remove and place onto your cupcakes.`
Readers that enjoyed these Cupcakes also loved:
- Adorable Unicorn Cupcakes & Decorations,
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes,
- Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate Icing,
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Cupcakes,
- Minion Chocolate Cupcakes and Minion Topper,
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow Candy Cupcakes,
- Delicious Hamburger Cupcakes with Brownie Patties,
- Easy Reindeer Cupcakes,
- Decorating Cupcakes with Your Kids – Mess Free,
- Hershey Kiss Inspired Cupcakes,
- Simple Spring Easter Cupcakes,
- Blueberry Cupcakes with Blueberry Icing and Cream Cheese Filling,
- Salted Caramel Filled Cupcakes,
- Valentines Vanilla Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Hearts,
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Homemade Marshmallow Icing.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes.
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Spice Icing,
- Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes.