Nothing says summer like a fresh glass of lemonade and now you have the option to eat delicious taste rather than drink it! These amazing raspberry flavored macarons are lightly crisp on the outside and filled with an amazing white chocolate lemon icing that will surely bring your taste buds alive with excitement. It’s like biting into a raspberry lemonade candy cloud of goodness.
Raspberry Lemonade Macarons
3 egg whites
1/4 cup white sugar
1 2/3 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup almond flour
1 vile LorAnn Oils raspberry flavor (or 1 teaspoon) found at Bulk Barn or Amazon.
pink food coloring
Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Set aside.
Sift your icing sugar and almond flour in a medium bowl.
In a large mixing bowl whisk your egg whites on high speed until thick and fluffy, then slowly add your white sugar as well as the raspberry flavoring and pink food coloring and continue to mix on high speed until it’s glossy and forms stiff peaks.
Remove the mixing bowl from the stand and fold in the almond flour mixture until it’s smooth and light. It will no longer be fluffy. Once fully folded in pour a tablespoon of your batter into a piping bag fitted with a plain round tip and pipe a circle about 1/5″ diameter. If the circle keeps its shape then you need to fold it a few more times. If it flattens out into a disc you are ready to pipe the rest of your macarons. Leave space between each cookie.
After you have finished piping all your cookies (this will yield 2.5 sheets worth of macarons) onto the sheets leave them out for 1 hour. Do not skip out on this step! Just walk away.
Preheat your oven to 285*
When your hour is up place your cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove them from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes. Remove and place on a wire rack. These need to be cooled before filling.
Lemonade White Chocolate Buttercream Filling
1/4 cup butter; room temperature
1/2 cup white chocolate melts; melted
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
2 lemons; zested
1.5 cups icing sugar
Add your butter, vanilla bean paste, and 1/2 cup of icing sugar in a bowl until mixed through.
Melt your white chocolate melts in the microwave for 10 second increments, stirring each time you open the door, or on the stove on low heat.
Add the white chocolate to the butter mixture and mix through. Add the remaining icing sugar and lemon zest and continue to mix until it’s creamy and smooth.
Place into piping bag with a plain round tip and pipe just enough to fill the top of one cookie. Place another cookie on the top like a sandwich. You’re done!
- Tip: To find the best piping bag check out these bestsellers from Amazon:
- Cake Decoration tips-37pcs-the ONLY KIT with BONUS Reusable silicone bag-x2 coupler-x10 Disposable icing bag-eBook.EASY TO SET & USE-Baking Tool Supply.Professional Icing Tips-Piping Cake Nozzle.
- Vastar 30 in 1 Cake Decorating Supplies, 24 Pieces Professional Stainless Steel DIY Icing Tip Set Tools with 3 Reusable Coupler & Storage Case & 3 Sizes Reusable Silicone Cake Decorating Pastry Bags
- AoBoChi Russian Piping Tips 20pcs Set,Cake Decorating Tips Set,Icing Piping Nozzles(12 Russian Tips,1 Leaf Tip,6 Pastry Bags,1 Tri-Color Coupler)-Mother's Day Gift
- Wilton ColorSwirl 3-Color Coupler 9-Piece Decorating Kit, 2104-7072
- Pastry Bag -50 Pack-16-Inch Extra Thick Large Cake/Cupcake Decorating Bags-Disposable Icing Piping Bags Set