Try this tasty combination – Kale Pear Green Smoothie Recipe.
Try to give a three-year-old raw kale and you just might have the clash of the titans on your hands.
I know I struggle to make sure every day that my kids adequate nutrition.
And with all of the marketing targeting kids these days it is an uphill battle to encourage healthy eating habits.
I find that while my younger kids may turn their noses up at some of the veggies I put in front of them, they will almost always drink a smoothie that I hand them without questioning what is in it.
You can also get reluctant teenagers to drink a smoothie before school because they are in “too much of a hurry” to eat breakfast.
We tend to get my blender going and have their favorite variety in to-go cups for them to grab and go.
This kale pear green smoothie is a favorite of my kids, regardless of age.
Which I like, because I can whip up a big batch for the whole family which can speed up the process.
I also like to chop up the fruit the night before to save time in the morning,
And when you MUST have some chocolate today try this healthy non-dairy Chocolate Smoothie.
Kale Pear Green Smoothie Recipe.
- 1 cup packed torn kale leaves
- 1 medium pear
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup rice milk or almond milk
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend for 3-4 minutes, or until completely smooth. Serve.
- Try a pinch of grated Ginger root. Ginger is famous for its antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory activities. It is rich in vitamins E, C, and A, which helps to boost the immune system.