My sister made a Raspberry Cranberry Jello Salad for Thanksgiving that I thought would be perfect for Christmas because of the beautiful dark red or burgundy color.
After I received the recipe, I was also impressed with how easy it is to make.
It only takes 3 ingredients!
My sister put it in a circular mold that she had sprayed with cooking spray.
We still had a hard time having it slide out of the mold, so we slid a knife around the upper edge to loosen it from the mold and then let it sit in warm water for probably about 30 seconds.
I was nervous that it was too long in the water, but when we turned it upside down, it slid out perfectly.
Also make sure that you put it right on the plate where you want it before you tip it upside down as you will not be able to re position it.
I had it off center, but we put the serving spoon next to it and said we did it that way on purpose!
If you have tips about using jello molds, please leave me a comment!
Raspberry Cranberry Jello Salad Recipe
- 3 (3 ounce) packages of raspberry jello
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 9 ounce can of crushed pineapple
- Mix jello with 2 cups hot water. Stir to dissolve.
- Mix in cranberry sauce, breaking it up.
- Mix in pineapple, including juice.
- Refrigerate to set.
- My sister who made this said that she let it set a little bit before pouring it into the mold that she used. It makes almost 5 cups