Here are 15 surprising facts about cars that you NEVER heard of before.
These facts are perfect for your next dinner party or impressing your work colleague.
15 Surprising Facts About Cars
1. There are approximately 165,000 cars produced each day throughout the world.
2. When Adolf Hitler was in prison, he actually wrote a letter to a Mercedes Benz dealership requesting an auto loan. He was in Landsberg Fortress Prison in 1924 serving time for his Nazi party trying to seize power in Munich.
3. The Volkswagen Company also owns Porsche, Bentley, Ducati, Audi, Bugatti and Lamborghini.
4. The first car accident in the United States occurred in 1891 in Ohio. A car was driven by engineer James Lambert who lost control of the car and hit a tree. He and his passenger James Swoveland sustained minor injuries in the crash.
5. In Russia, it is a crime to drive around in a vehicle that is dirty.
6. The person that invented cruise control is actually blind. Ralph Teetor invented cruise control in 1948. Ralph died in 1982 at the age of 91.
7. The fastest street-legal production car in the world is the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport which reaches speeds of 267 miles per hour.
8. The first speeding ticket was issued in 1902 in Dayton, Ohio. The driver was doing only 12 miles per hour.
9. During the roof crash testing on the Ford GT, the car was so strong that it actually broke the crushing machine.
10. The most expensive car ever sold at auction was a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO that sold for $34.65 million.
Here is the next five points!
11. Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Inc., never had a license plate on his vehicles.
He found a loophole in the vehicle laws in California that stated that when you got a new car, you had six months to put the license plate on the car. Steve leased a different car every six months.
12. The most ticketed car in the United States is the Subaru WRX. One out of every three drivers has received speeding tickets.
13. Hong Kong has the highest percentage of Rolls Royce’s per capita than anywhere else.
14. Windshield car wiper blades were patented by a woman, Mary Anderson, in 1903.
15. It takes about 25 hours to build an entire car with 10 of those hours dedicated to painting the car.
Want to learn one last surprising car fact? It is this easy to dispose of a junk car or sell your car online instead.
I thought I knew a lot about cars, but I was wrong!