I started sharing my family’s indescribable journey with you a couple of months ago when I sheepishly admitted I hadn’t been to the dentist in 3 years. Since then I have been able to try the Sonicare DiamondClean Powerbrush and my three sons have been able to try the Kid’s Powerbrush.
Just to recap what Philips says:
About Philips Sonicare For Kids
The Philips Sonicare for Kids is a rechargeable power toothbrush for kids ages 4+. It has been expertly designed to encourage healthy brushing habits and deliver outstanding results, maximizing your child’s oral care routine.
Plus, they’ll love the customizable stickers and the cool Brush Busters app that make brushing fun!
The Brush Busters App, available for free download from the App Store on iTunes, helps kids establish proper brushing habits and enables parents to monitor their child’s brushing routine. Incorporating fun games that guide the child through 2 minutes of thorough brushing, the Brush Busters app allows parents and kids to set up customized rewards for a fun and engaging brushing experience.
So what did my children think?
“It’s awesome” “It’s speedy” “It’s a robot” was about all I could get out of my five year old.
My seven year old did have some more profound things to say.
“It’s like there are a bunch of little scrubbers and they are making sure the teeth get clean everywhere. I like the feeling of it. I feel super clean, I think the dentist will be happy.”
I have found a few reasons that I, as a mother, love this product.
- They aren’t priced outrageously. At $59.99, buying one for each of the kid’s doesn’t seem unreasonable.
- Unlike a traditional toothbrush, my kids let me help them brush. I am not sure what makes this different but my three year old and five year old are finally letting me help brush.
- They are excited to brush. I stated in my first post that my kids do a pretty good job brushing cooperatively. With this brush the RUN to the bathroom when I tell them it is time to brush.
- We haven’t been to the dentist yet, but I am pretty sure she will notice a difference.
- The powerbrush charges quickly and my kids know where the brush goes and love to put ‘Surfy Surf’ on ‘his home’.
If you are considering a powerbrush for your kids, I strongly recommend it. We have had a very positive experience and I can’t imagine me, or them, going back to a standard toothbrush. Three of my boys are sharing one ‘body’ and each have their own heads. They will be each getting their own full brush in their stocking this year. The only negative aspect of this product, is that they fight over who gets to go first!
This post was made possible thanks to Philips Sonicare. Compensation and/or products were received in exchange for my honest post. All thoughts are my own.