Savory and Sweet Baguette Bites are my new favourite party food.
Over the holidays I had the opportunity to visit with family and friends on multiple occasions. Along with chatting, a lot of snacking was done.
I thought I would share one of my favorite and easiest recipe that I adopted over the holidays. It is the perfect combination of savory and sweet, with a tiny bit of spice. My only caution is that these are addictive, you can’t have just one!
Savory and Sweet Baguette Bites
- 1 large baguette, sliced into rounds or ovals
- 1 jar of red pepper jelly (hot is okay)
- 250mls of spreadable cream cheese
- 1-2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- Preparation is easy. If the baguette is not already sliced, do so. Cutting on an angle will give you more surface area. Slices should be about 1/2 inch thick. Lay flat on cooking sheet. Spread with a thin layer of cream cheese. Follow with a spread of red pepper jelly. Finish with a sprinkle of grated cheddar cheese. Cook at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until cheddar is melted.
- Serve and enjoy. They can be prepared a few hours early and cooked once the guests arrive. This will leave more time for socializing.