Fall brings on a fresh new way of baking and cooking meals. Though I’ve never baked and eaten an actual pumpkin, I do enjoy baking with canned pumpkin. These muffins can be made in no time and are great for snacks, school lunches or morning breakfast.
Vegan Banana Pumpkin Muffin’s
(Makes 12 regular, 24 mini muffins)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup pumpkin can puree (I’ve used double before too)
2 bananas (riper the better) mashed well
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners; you may need more.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together 1 cup pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, mashed bananas and water. Stir pumpkin mixture into flour mixture until smooth. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Original Recipe found at Week of Menu’s
This recipe is a fun one two make with children. They can help measure out the ingredients, stir the dry and wet foods and then keep an eye on them as they bake! The only bad thing about these muffins is that you might eat more than one, they are THAT good!
Do you like to bake with pumpkin?
What’s your favourite Fall recipe to make?