One of my favorite indulgences is monkey bread, but it is so extremely indulgent that I usually reserve it only for Christmas.
However, temptation got the better of me and I decided to try to find a single serve monkey bread recipe.
I found this one on World Kitchen, but it left a little to be desired.
Frankly, nothing is ever going to be as good as monkey bread made in the over.
The sugar doesn’t caramelize and there isn’t a crust.
However, my new and improved version is still enjoyable! Perhaps next I’ll try popping it in the broiler or making a toaster oven version.
My kids tried the batch pictured and it was a hit! But then, you can’t go wrong with butter and sugar, can you?
This is probably a little too generous for a single serving–two adults of three kids would find it just right.
You might also like my Cracker Toffee in a Mug
- 1/4 c. Butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 t. Cinnamon
- Salt and vanilla to taste
- 1-2 T chopped nuts (optional)
- 3 frozen buttermilk biscuits
- Combine all ingredients except the nuts and biscuits.
- Microwave 20 seconds; stir to combine. Microwave another 40 seconds.
- Partially thaw biscuits if necessary, 20-30 seconds in microwave. (It will be easier if they're still a bit firm.)
- Cut biscuits into small pieces.
- Combine nuts (if using) and biscuits with sauce. Microwave for about three minutes.
- Remove with a potholder--it might be hot! Try to let it cool down a bit before eating it. 🙂