Post sponsored by Mirum Shopper. Opinions are 100% my own.
Are you new to formula feeding? I once was there too! In fact, we all have been there. When it comes down to it, feeding your baby should be simple. As a veteran mom, I am happy to pass on any tips to those who are choosing to formula feed. Check out these dos and don’ts of formula preparation.
Do’s and Don’ts of Formula Preparation
Check for a proper date
I always check the date on the formula container to make sure it is the proper date. Just a quick glance on the side or on the bottom of the container will let you know the date! This is just a quick safety tip that can help keep your baby safer.
Store formula in a cool place
Another tip for those who use formula is to keep it in a cool place. Cabinets work best. You don’t want to store it in the freezer or out in the sun. A nice cool place will help keep your formula in perfect condition for baby.
Wash your hands before formula prep
In the middle of the night, this can be hard to remember. I always kept hand sanitizer close for those late-night feedings when I was making a bottle. Washing your hands helps keep the baby’s bottle free from bacteria.
Follow the directions on the can
When preparing a bottle for your baby, there are specific directions on the back of the formula can. Follow those directions and you will be good to go.
Use water that is clean
Most people think tap water is not safe to drink, but this is not true. If your tap water is deemed safe, it is also okay for your baby to drink. To make you feel better, you can boil tap water before formula preparation. You just want to let it boil for a minute or two. You will then want to allow the water to cool before you put it in the bottle to make formula.
Don’t keep unused formula
You may think you are saving money by saving unused formula but it can be a breeding ground for bacteria. After the formula, has been warmed up, it is best to toss anything that has been out for about an hour. You can pre-make formula ahead of time, just make sure you keep it cool.
Parent’s Choice® is a great choice!
When I first had kids, I thought the more expensive formula was the way to go. Boy, was I wrong! You can give your baby the same nutrients without spending an arm and a leg. Parent’s Choice® has infant formula that is top of the line! Here are some qualities that you will appreciate in their formula.
- Nutritionally comparable to more expensive national brand infant formulas, including Enfamil®, Similac®, and Gerber®.
- Compliant with FDA nutritional standards and the recommendations of the AAP – the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Clinically proven to support growth and development.
- Easy to digest and has been well tolerated by millions of babies.
- Clinically proven to be as well tolerated by infants as national brand formulas.
- Meets the highest-quality FDA nutritional standards
Parent’s Choice® Infant Formula has been around Walmart since 1998. It has become a staple in the Walmart family. Parents all around the world have chosen this formula for their baby. Parent’s Choice® also makes other products for babies, toddlers, and families.
- B aby and Toddler Foods [Yogurt Bites, Cereals, Cereal Bars, Little Puffs®, Little Fruits®, Little MunchersTM, and Little WheelsTM]
- Toddler Formula for Older Infants
- R eady-to-Drink Pediatric Nutritional Beverages
- Pediatric Electrolyte Rehydration Solution and Powder Sticks
What tip do you have for parents who are new to formula feeding?