New year, new goals, new things to try.
Instead of trying to come up with individual New Year’s resolutions, try to come up with family New Year’s resolutions.
How to make Family New Year’s Resolutions
It could be as simple as:
- Weekly board game nights
- Hosting another family for dinner once a month
- Seasonal activities to try together
Winter – tobogganing, skating or skiing!
Spring – hiking or gardening
Summer – going to a new beach or lake for a swim
Fall – collecting leaves or apple picking
- Take time to eat at least one meal together every day
- Do one physical activity together as a family each week (nightly walk, swimming, snowshoeing at night, the possibilities are endless!
- Start a new family tradition of baking together once a month or learning a new recipe.
On New Year ’s Day sit down as a family and talk about some activities you want to do as a family.
Get creative and draw them out (fun for little kids), add them to your monthly calendar or created a Family Resolutions board on Pinterest!
At the end of each month, go back and see if you’ve managed to reach each resolution or goal for that month and start planning what’s coming up!
Take the stress out of New Year’s resolutions by creating family resolutions/goals that you can do together.
Keep them simple, achievable and fun!
If you are still looking for ideas of what to do on New Year’s Eve – Family Fun New Year’s Even Party Ideas can get you started!
Have you ever thought about doing Family New Year’s Resolutions?
Happy New Year!