The end of another school year is upon us. Getting out of school for summer vacation is the best part of summer, getting the freedom to play all day. I happen to think that the end of a school year should be celebrated. Not just for your child, for your child’s teacher and for you as well. Everyone should celebrate… you celebrate that you no longer need to make any more lunches first thing in the morning for a couple months. Here are some amazing end of school year gift ideas.
End of School Year Gift Ideas
For the Teacher:
- A gift card for coffee
- A gift card for a store such as Amazon, Walmart, etc.
- A stack of books for the classroom, any classroom supplies really
- A small self-pamper kit – nail polish, etc.
For at School:
- Year book signatures – I have also seen some great ideas on Pinterest for signing a shirt
- Collect classmates phone numbers for keeping in touch over summer vacation
Let’s remember to encourage your child to include everyone in their class, we don’t want to make a child feel left out, it’s an important day for everyone.
For Your Child / Family:
- Last day of school picture, especially fun if you did a first day of school picture
- A special meal – breakfast or supper, perhaps a special dessert – ice cream out anyone?
- Make a summer bucket/wish list
- A trip to the park, playground, amusement park, etc.
- A movie night
Sit back and relax tonight. Tomorrow summer vacation officially begins (whenever that may happen for your school) and you get to fight off your child’s boredom for a couple months.