I like going online to find inspiration for dinner. I take recipes and tweak them, making them more palatable to us. The latest result of such inspiration is what I simply call chicken and potatoes. It takes a little work, but it’s really delicious and filling.
Potatoes (you can peel them or leave them as is)- have enough to fill your cookie sheet
Chicken breasts- two or three, depending on how much you love chicken
Cheese- whatever kind you prefer- cheddar is good
Oil- I usually use vegetable, but again, whatever you use will work
Corn- frozen or canned (drain if canned)
Seasoning- I like garlic powder, onion powder, and season salt
Preheat your oven to 500°. Dice the potatoes (the finer you dice them, the quicker they’ll cook). Place in a bowl and coat with oil and season. Toss and coat a couple of times. Place on baking sheet and bake for ten to fifteen minutes (until potatoes start browning). Dice chicken and season, cooking until just about done. Turn oven down to 400°. Layer chicken over potatoes, top with corn (no need to boil frozen corn, just toss it on) and cheese, and bake until cheese is golden. Serve.
- chicken breasts
- seasoning (experiment, I like garlic powder, onion powder, and season salt)
- cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice potatoes (the finer you dice them, the quicker they cook, but you don't want them too fine!).
- Place in large mixing bowl and coat with oil and seasoning, tossing and coating a few times.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and bake until potatoes just start to turn golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Dice chicken and season, cooking until almost done.
- Top potatoes with chicken, corn, and cheese.
- Bake until cheese is golden brown.
- You can use whatever seasoning you like.