We all know that feeling of wondering what we should do with those browning bananas sitting on our counter.
You hate to throw them out but who is going to eat brown bananas?
This delicious recipe utilizes those flavor filled fruit that the whole family will love, and an added bonus…they are very easy to make!
Banana Cupcakes With Chocolate Icing
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup milk + 1tbspn lemon juice
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350*
Mix the butter with the sugar until creamy and smooth.
Then add the eggs, vanilla and next the bananas.
I like to smoosh them around in the peel before putting them into the mixer.
Next, the buttermilk.
In another bowl sift the dry ingredients and add them slowly into mixing bowl with the wet ingredients.
Layer the cupcake tins with liners and fill 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Makes about 18. Cool before icing!
1/2 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips; melted
1 cup icing sugar
Mix the first three ingredients into a bowl and slowly add the icing sugar until it’s creamy and smooth.
Fill your piping bag and pipe the icing onto the cupcakes.
Sprinkle with Oreo cookie crumbs for an added extra texture and taste.
*For another variation try adding 1/4 of peanut butter to your icing instead of the melted chocolate!
Readers that enjoyed these Cupcakes also loved:
- Adorable Unicorn Cupcakes & Decorations,
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes,
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Cupcakes,
- Minion Chocolate Cupcakes and Minion Topper,
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow Candy Cupcakes,
- Delicious Hamburger Cupcakes with Brownie Patties,
- Easy Raindeer Cupcakes,
- Decorating Cupcakes with Your Kids – Mess Free,
- Hershey Kiss Inspired Cupcakes,
- Simple Spring Easter Cupcakes,
- Blueberry Cupcakes with Blueberry Icing and Cream Cheese Filling,
- Salted Caramel Filled Cupcakes,
- Valentines Vanilla Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Hearts,
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Homemade Marshmallow Icing.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes.
- Best Gingerbread Cupcakes,
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Spice Icing,
- Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes.